Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed  (Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed  (Alexander Korotkov <a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru>)
Re: [HACKERS] Re: proposal - psql: possibility to specify sort fordescribe commands, when size is printed  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 7:13 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

On 3/11/17 07:06, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I am sending a updated version with separated sort direction in special
> variable

This patch also needs a rebase.

I am sending rebased patch

rebased again + fix obsolete help

For me, patch applies cleanly, builds and passed regression tests.
However, patch misses regression tests covering added functionality.

I am not sure if there are any tests related to output of \dt+ commands - there result is platform depend.

Patch is definitely harmless, i.e. it doesn't affect anybody who doesn't use new functionality.
But I still would prefer ordering to be options of \d* commands while psql variables be defaults for those options...

I understand

a) I don't think so commands like \dt++ (or similar) is good idea - these commands should be simple how it is possible

b) this patch doesn't block any other design - more it opens the door because the executive part will be implemented and users can have a experience with with different output sorts - so if people will need more quick change of result sort, then the work in this area will continue.

Regards

Pavel

------
Alexander Korotkov