Re: plpgsql defensive mode

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: plpgsql defensive mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2014-09-06 7:50 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
How do you run queries which affect more than one row in this mode?
Because that's crucial as well.  We want something we can run 100% of our
code on, but with a slightly more convenient syntax than PL/PgSQL provides
right when coding defensively in the cases where exactly one row should be
affected.

you use a normal function. I don't expect, so it can be too often in your
case.

Then that doesn't really solve our problem.  Switching between two languages on a per-function basis, when both look exactly the same but have very different semantics would be a nightmare.

It is maximum what is possible

use a different language instead

Pavel

.marko