Re: new unicode table border styles for psql

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: new unicode table border styles for psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

2013/11/22 Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>
Pavel Stehule escribió:

> 2013/11/21 Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>

> > Maybe make the border setting a string containing the various characters
> > by index.  Then everyone can create their own crazy borders.
> >
> I seriously though about it, but not sure if it is good way.

How about having a single "unicode" line style, and then have a
different \pset setting to determine exactly what chars to print?  This
wouldn't allow for programmability, but it seems better UI to me.
This proliferation of unicode line style names seems odd.

-1

After thinking I don't see any value for common user. Users like you, me, Merlin are able to parametrize output or patching source code.

Any parametrization expect some secure store, that will support exchange of styles. And it expect robust parser of unicode strings, or ascii strings with unicode escaped chars.

We cannot parse a escaped unicode chars now on client side, and cost of parser is higher of benefit externally parametrized borders.

Regards

Pavel

--
Įlvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/