Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: possibility to read dumped table's name from file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

st 10. 6. 2020 v 0:30 odesílatel Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> napsal:
On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 11:46:24AM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> po 8. 6. 2020 v 23:30 odesílatel Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> napsal:

> I still wonder if a better syntax would use a unified --filter option, whose
> > argument would allow including/excluding any type of object:
> I tried to implement simple format "[+-][tndf] objectname"

I had another idea about format - instead using +-, we can use case sensitive options  same to pg_dump command line (with extending Df - because these options doesn't exists in short form)

So format can looks like

[tTnNDf] {objectname}

What do you think about this? This format is simpler, and it can work. What do you think about it?

> Did you "reduce" this from another implementation?  Where?
> What is its license ?

The code is 100% mine. It is not copy from gnulib and everybody can simply check it

Reduced in functionality sense. There is no full argument check that is necessary for glibc functions. There are no memory checks because pg_malloc, pg_realloc are used.