repeated procedure call error

От Pavel Stehule
Тема repeated procedure call error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

There are some broken. I tried to fix plpgsql_check regression tests and I found new error.

Looks it is fresh regression.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE public.proc(a integer, INOUT b integer, c integer)
 LANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $procedure$
begin
  b := a + c + c;
end;
$procedure$

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE public.testproc()
 LANGUAGE plpgsql
AS $procedure$
declare r int;
begin
  call proc(10, r + 10, 20);
end;
$procedure$

postgres=# call testproc();
ERROR:  procedure parameter "b" is an output parameter but corresponding argument is not writable
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function testproc() line 4 at CALL

first error message is correct,

Second call fails with unexpected error

ERROR:  SPI_execute_plan_with_paramlist failed executing query "CALL proc(10, r + 10, 20)": SPI_ERROR_ARGUMENT
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function testproc() line 4 at CALL

regards

Pavel