Re: unexpected error " tables can have at most 1600 columns"

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: unexpected error " tables can have at most 1600 columns"
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Situation

I have a co-developer installing a new Virtual Machine and encountering a postgres error during the installation.

One of our  SQL patch files is failing unexpectedly.

The patch is attempting to add columns to a table,  The table involved  currently has only 2 columns,

Interactively I can generate the same error in his current state.

psql -h ohio -U redcom ace_db

psql (9.3.6)

Type "help" for help.

ace_db=# select * from log.conference_history;

conf_id | max_size

---------+----------

(0 rows)

ace_db=# ALTER TABLE log.conference_history ADD talker_limit integer DEFAULT 0;

ERROR:  tables can have at most 1600 columns

ace_db=#

ace_db=#

There can be removed (invisible columns)

select attname from pg_attribute where attrelid = 'test'::regclass and attnum > 0;

postgres=# select attname from pg_attribute where attrelid = 'test'::regclass and attnum > 0;
┌─────────┐
│ attname │
╞═════════╡
│ a       │
│ c       │
│ d       │
└─────────┘
(3 rows)

alter table test drop column a, drop column c;

postgres=# select attname from pg_attribute where attrelid = 'test'::regclass and attnum > 0;
┌──────────────────────────────┐
│           attname            │
╞══════════════════════════════╡
│ ........pg.dropped.1........ │
│ ........pg.dropped.2........ │
│ d                            │
└──────────────────────────────┘
(3 rows)

postgres=# select count(*) from pg_attribute where attrelid = 'test'::regclass and attnum > 0 and attisdropped;
┌───────┐
│ count │
╞═══════╡
│     2 │
└───────┘
(1 row)

So maybe it can be a reason of this issue?

Pavel

Puzzled ?

Any thoughts ?

Regards