Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql: check env variable PSQL_PAGER

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] proposal: psql: check env variable PSQL_PAGER
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

> Hi
>
> I wrote a special pager for psql. Surely, this pager is not good for paging
> of man pages. So is not good to set it as global pager. We can introduce
> new env variable PSQL_PAGER for this purpose. It can work similar like
> PSQL_EDITOR variable.
>
> Notes, comments?

There's already the option to put '\setenv PAGER ...' in .psqlrc, but I
guess having it work like EDITOR makes sense for consistency, as well as
not affecting commands spawned from psql via e.g. \!.

here is a patch - it is trivial

Regards

Pavel

- ilmari
--
"The surreality of the universe tends towards a maximum" -- Skud's Law
"Never formulate a law or axiom that you're not prepared to live with

Вложения