Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Well, the idiom:
>
>   EXECUTE format("SELECT %I FROM %I WHERE $1", col, tbl) USING val;
>
> is not lovely. It works, but it's clumsy.

This is exactly why we need a new language.
All the clumsy stuff we cannot fix in plpgsql, can easily be fixed in
plpgsql2, with the most beautiful syntax we can come up with.

I guess it's a question if we want to support things like this. If we
want to, then we also want a new language.

when you fix it, then you designed totally new language with thin relation to plpgsql

Pavel