Re: proposal: searching in array function - array_position

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: searching in array function - array_position
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 1/24/15 2:48 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
with array_offsets - returns a array of offsets

+         <entry>returns a offset of first occurrence of some element in a array. It uses
should be
+         <entry>returns the offset of the first occurrence of some element in an array. It uses

+         <entry>returns a array of offset of all occurrences some element in a array. It uses
should be
+         <entry>returns an array of the offsets of all occurrences of some element in an array. It uses

Any way to reduce the code duplication between the array and non-array versions? Maybe factor out the operator caching code?

I though about it - but there is different checks, different result processing, different result type.

I didn't find any readable and reduced form :(

You should remove the array_length() from the last array_offsets test; I don't see that it buys anything.

ok

I think there should be tests for what happens when you feed these functions a multi-dimensional array.

I can do it. Result should be expected - it searching row by row due MD format

Other than that, looks good.

Thank you

Pavel