Re: proposal: regrole type?

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: regrole type?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

2012/12/25 Pavel Golub <pavel@microolap.com>:
> Hello, Pavel.
>
> You wrote:
>
> PS> Hello
>
> PS> Can we implement REGROLE type, that simplify role name <-> oid transformations?
>
> +1 from me. My old wish.

I started implementation. I found a two points, that should be solved before.

we operate over roles with (without) fictive role "public". So we need
two datatypes :( I have no idea about second name :( - there should be
difference if type enables or disallow "public".

second issue is value of ACL_ID_PUBLIC, that is zero - and there is
not difference from InvalidOid - what should be acceptable via "-"
symbol.

Any ideas?

Regards

Pavel