Re: [HACKERS] merging some features from plpgsql2 project

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] merging some features from plpgsql2 project
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 1/7/17 5:39 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

I checked current implementation of FOUND variable. If we introduce new
auto variable ROW_COUNT - exactly like FOUND, then it doesn't introduce
any compatibility break.

Except it would break every piece of code that had a row_count variable, though I guess you could see which scoping level the variable had been defined in.

I think the right solution in this case is to replace GET DIAGNOSTICs with something easier to use, but I'm not sure what that would be.

I invite any ideas?

Regards

Pavel

I think this is another example of where not using some kind of character to distinguish variables screws us. :/

855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)