Re: [HACKERS] merging some features from plpgsql2 project

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: [HACKERS] merging some features from plpgsql2 project
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Related to that, I suspect we could add better support to existing commands for at least some of these things. For example, SELECT ... INTO NOMULTI (instead of STRICT) to indicate that multiple rows are an error but missing data is

Another flag into NOMULTI can be solution too.

The new syntax ":=" has some advantages:

1. it robust against type - it is harder to do unwanted swap of variables, and this mistake is very clear

should be "against typo", sorry

Pavel

2. the syntax ensure equality of target variables and source expressions.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] merging some features from plpgsql2 project
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] merging some features from plpgsql2 project