Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL, RAISE and error context
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

2013/9/14 Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to>
On 23/08/2013 10:36, I wrote:
On 8/23/13 8:38 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
do you prepare patch ?

I should have the time to produce one for the September commitfest, but
if you (or anyone else) want to work on this, I won't object.

My opinion at this very moment is that we should leave the the DEFAULT
verbosity alone and add a new one (call it COMPACT or such) with the
suppressed context for non-ERRORs.

Well, turns out there isn't really any way to preserve complete backwards compatibility if we want to do this change.

The attached patch (based on Pavel's patch) changes the default to be slightly more verbose (the CONTEXT lines which were previously omitted will be visible), but adds a new PGVerbosity called COMPACT which suppresses CONTEXT in non-error messages.  Now DEFAULT will be more useful when debugging PL/PgSQL, and people who are annoyed by the new behaviour can use the COMPACT mode.

Any thoughts?

+1

Regards

Pavel