Re: proposal: prefix function

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: proposal: prefix function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

pá 21. 9. 2018 v 12:37 odesílatel Chris Travers <chris.travers@adjust.com> napsal:

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 10:09 AM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

can we implement prefix function for fast test if substr is prefix of some string?

create or replace function prefix(str text, substr text)
returns boolean as $$
  select substr(str, 1, length(substr)) = substr
$$ language sql;

This function can be very effective in C language. Now it should be implemented with like or regexp, what is significantly more expensive.

These would just be wrappers around already existing internal functions, right?

maybe, I didn't do any research. If not, the implementation is on few lines.

Regards

Pavel

Regards

Pavel