Re: different results from plpgsql functions related to last changesin master

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: different results from plpgsql functions related to last changesin master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> I did update of plpgsql_check and I see, so some functions returns
> different result than on older posgresql. Probably this is wanted behave,
> but It should be mentioned as partial compatibility break, because some
> regress test can be broken too.

This is mentioned in the relevant commit message (4b93f5799):

    ...  A lesser, but still real, annoyance is that ROW format cannot
    represent a true NULL composite value, only a row of per-field NULL
    values, which is not exactly the same thing.

In the case you're showing here, a true NULL got changed into ROW(NULL)
by the old code, but that no longer happens.

I understand, and I have not any problem with this behave. Just I am expecting so lot of people will be surprised.

Regards

Pavel