Re: Migration from SQL Server to PostgeSQL

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Migration from SQL Server to PostgeSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general

po 30. 11. 2020 v 6:12 odesílatel Muthukumar.GK <muthankumar@gmail.com> napsal:
HiTeam,

We need to migrate tables,Records,Procedure and function from SQL server to Postgresql. Kindly let me know, Is there any  tool or easiest way  available to migrate from SQL Server to Postgresql. Please let me know if there are any limitations in postgresql compared to SQL server.

The migration from MSSQL can be difficult, and needs a lot of manual work. The concept of procedures is very different. In MSSQL is natural returning multirecordset from procedures. This is not possible in Postgres, where design of procedures (or all design) is similar to Oracle. It is possible. I know some customers that did successful migrations from Sybase to Postgres (Sybase had the same roots like MSSQL).

Regards

Pavel

Regards
Muthu.