Re: dropdb --force

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: dropdb --force
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

út 18. 12. 2018 v 16:11 odesílatel Filip Rembiałkowski <filip.rembialkowski@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi,

I propose a simple patch (works-for-me), which adds --force (-f)
option to dropdb utility.

Pros:  This seems to be a desired option for many sysadmins, as this
thread proves: https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/11893/force-drop-db-while-others-may-be-connected
Cons: another possible foot-gun for the unwary.

Obviously this patch needs some more work (see TODO note inside).

Please share opinions if this makes sense at all, and has any chance
going upstream.

The regression tests is simplistic, please help with an example of
multi-session test so I can follow.

Still one my customer use a patch that implement FORCE on SQL level. It is necessary under higher load when is not easy to synchronize clients.

Regards

Pavel

Thanks,
Filip