Re: Call stacks and RAISE INFO

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Call stacks and RAISE INFO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

2011/10/15 Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>:

>> Now that we have syntax for adding miscellaneous options to RAISE
>> statements, what I suggest we consider is a RAISE option that suppresses
>> all context lines for the message, perhaps
>>
>> RAISE NOTICE 'fee, fi, fo, fum' USING context = false;
>
> Yeah, that would do it.  Pavel?  ;-)

I have no problem with this.  A context can be false for info and true
for other in default. Please, use a different identifier than
"context", that can be use for reading context in future - maybe
"attach_context" or some similar.

Just note, when we are in this topis. I got a experience so debugging
functions that contains a pattern

BEGIN .. do some .. that can raise exception ...
EXCEPT WHEN OTHERS .. .. do some else RAISE ... ;
END IF

is little bit difficult, because we lost a context information about
original exception

Regards

Pavel