Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: CF3+4 (was Re: Parallel query execution)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello

> I do that pretty often.  A better approach, imv, would be making psql a
> bit more of a 'real' shell, with loops, conditionals, better variable
> handling, etc.

after a few years prototyping on this area I am not sure so this is
good idea. Maybe better to start some new console from scratch.

>> "plpgsql_check_function"
>> I don't like this in its current form. A lot of code that mirrors
>> pl_exec.c. I think we'll have to find a way to somehow re-use the
>> existing code for this. Like, compile the function as usual, but
>> don't stop on error.
>
> Havn't looked at this yet, but your concerns make sense to me.

I invite any moving in this subject - again I wrote lot of variants
and current is a most maintainable (my opinion) - there is redundant
structure (not code) - and simply code. After merging the code lost
readability :(. But I would to continue in work - I am sure so it has
a sense and  people and some large companies use it with success, so
it should be in core - in any form.

Regards

Pavel