Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 12:25 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right, apart from some functions for memory allocation/estimation and
> stats copy, we might need something like amcanparallelvacuum, so that
> index methods can have the option to not participate in parallel
> vacuum due to reasons similar to gist or something else.  I think we
> can work towards this direction as this anyway seems to be required
> and till we reach any conclusion for gist indexes, you can mark
> amcanparallelvacuum for gist indexes as false.

I think for estimating the size of the stat I suggest "amestimatestat"
or "amstatsize" and for copy stat data we can add "amcopystat"?  It
would be helpful to extend the parallel vacuum for the indexes which
has extended stats.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Block level parallel vacuum
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: ProcArrayGroupClearXid() compare-exchange style