Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Handle infinite recursion in logical replication setup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 2:58 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 9:51 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

I find one thing  confusing about this patch.  Basically, this has two
option 'local' and 'any', so I would assume that all the local server
changes should be covered under the 'local' but now if we set some
origin using 'select pg_replication_origin_session_setup('aa');' then
changes from that session will be ignored because it has an origin id.
I think actually the name is creating confusion, because by local it
seems like a change which originated locally and the document is also
specifying the same.

+       If <literal>local</literal>, the subscription will request the publisher
+       to only send changes that originated locally. If <literal>any</literal>,

I think if we want to keep the option local then we should look up all
the origin in the replication origin catalog and identify whether it
is a local origin id or remote origin id and based on that filter out
the changes.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar