Re: Relation extension scalability

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Relation extension scalability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Thanks for the comments..

Hmm, why did you remove the comment above the call to UnlockRelationForExtension?
While re factoring I lose this comment.. Fixed it

It still seems relevant, maybe with some minor modification?

Also there is a bit of whitespace mess inside the conditional lock block.

Fixed

I got the result of 10 mins run so posting it..
Note: Base code results are copied from up thread...

Results For 10 Mins run of COPY 10000 records of size 4 bytes script and configuration are same as used in up thread
Client    Base    Patch
1            105    111
2            217    246
4            210    428
8            166    653
16          145    808
32          124    988
64            ---    974

Results For 10 Mins run of INSERT 1000 records of size 1024 bytes(data don't fits in shared buffer)
Client    Base    Patch
1            117    120
2            111    126
4             51     130
8             43     147
16           40     209
32           ---      254
64           ---      205

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Сообщение: Re: Improving replay of XLOG_BTREE_VACUUM records
Сообщение: Re: Improving replay of XLOG_BTREE_VACUUM records