Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 4:46 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The code changes look fine but it is not clear what was the exact
> > > issue.  Can you explain?
> >
> > Basically, in case of an empty subtransaction, we were reading the
> > subxacts info but when we could not find the subxid in the subxacts
> > info we were not releasing the memory.  So on next subxact_info_read
> > it will expect that subxacts should be freed but we did not free it in
> > that !found case.
> >

> Okay, on looking at it again, the same code exists in
> subxact_info_write as well.  It is better to have a function for it.
> Can we have a structure like SubXactContext for all the variables used
> for subxact?  As mentioned earlier I find the allocation/deallocation
> of subxacts a bit ad-hoc, so there will always be a chance that we can
> forget to free it.  Having it allocated in memory context which we can
> reset later might reduce that risk.  One idea could be that we have a
> special memory context for start and stop messages which can be used
> to allocate the subxacts there.  In case of commit/abort, we can allow
> subxacts information to be allocated in ApplyMessageContext which is
> reset at the end of each protocol message.

Changed as per this.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Dilip Kumar
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions