Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 1:35 PM Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> wrote:

Thanks for the updated version of the patch.

> > Generally, we give one blank line between the variable declaration and
> > the first statement of the block.
>
> Ok.
>
> > (p-1) -> (p - 1)
>
> Ok.
>
> > I am just wondering will it be a good idea to expand it to support
> > multi-level partitioning?
>
> ISTM that how the user could specify multi-level parameters is pretty
> unclear, so I would let that as a possible extension if someone wants it
> enough.
Ok

> Attached v6 implements the two cosmetic changes outlined above.

+ /* For RANGE, we use open-ended partitions at the beginning and end */
+ if (p == 1)
+ sprintf(minvalue, "minvalue");
+ else
+ sprintf(minvalue, INT64_FORMAT, (p-1) * part_size + 1);
+
+ if (p < partitions)
+ sprintf(maxvalue, INT64_FORMAT, p * part_size + 1);
+ else
+ sprintf(maxvalue, "maxvalue");

I do not understand the reason why first partition need to be
open-ended?  Because we are clear that the minimum value of the aid is
1 in pgbench_accout.  So if you directly use
sprintf(minvalue, INT64_FORMAT, (p-1) * part_size + 1);  then also it
will give 1 as minvalue for the first partition and that will be the
right thing to do.  Am I missing something here?

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar