Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data
Дата
Re: Assertion failure while streaming toasted data  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 5:46 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 4:50 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Your patch will fix the reported scenario but I don't like the way
> > multi_insert flag is used to detect incomplete tuple. One problem
> > could be that even when there are no toast inserts, it won't allow to
> > stream unless we get the last tuple of multi insert WAL. How about
> > changing the code such that when we are clearing the toast flag, we
> > additionally check 'clear_toast_afterwards' flag?
>
> Yes, that can be done, I will fix this in the next version of the patch.

I have fixed as per the suggestion, and as per the offlist discussion,
I have merged the TOAST and SPEC insert flag and created a single
PARTIAL_CHANGE flag.
I have also added a test case for this.

--
Regards,