Re: [HACKERS] Error while creating subscription when server isrunning in single user mode

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Error while creating subscription when server isrunning in single user mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, this looks correct to me at quick glance.
>
> +    if (!IsUnderPostmaster)
> +        ereport(FATAL,
> +                (errcode(ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED),
> +            errmsg("subscription commands are not supported by
> single-user servers")));
> The messages could be more detailed, like directly the operation of
> CREATE/ALTER/DROP SUBCRIPTION in each error message. But that's a nit.

Thanks for looking into it.  Yeah, I think it's better to give
specific message instead of generic because we still support some of
the subscription commands even in single-user mode i.e ALTER
SUBSCRIPTION OWNER.  My patch doesn't block this command and there is
no harm in supporting this in single-user mode but does this make any
sense?  We may create some use case like creation subscription in
normal mode and then ALTER OWNER in single user mode but it makes
little sense to me.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar