Re: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [BUG]Update Toast data failure in logical replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 8:04 AM tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Friday, May 28, 2021 6:51 PM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Seems you did not set the replica identity for updating the tuple.
> > Try this before updating, and it should work.
>
> Thanks for your reply. I tried it.
>
> > ALTER TABLE toasted_key REPLICA IDENTITY USING INDEX toasted_key_pkey;
>
> This didn't work.
>
> > or
> >
> > ALTER TABLE toasted_key REPLICA IDENTITY FULL.
>
> It worked.
>
> And I noticed if the length of PRIMARY KEY (toasted_key) is short, data could be synchronized successfully with
defaultreplica identity.

> Could you tell me why we need to set replica identity?

Looks like some problem if the replica identity is an index and the
value is stored externally,  I will debug this and let you know.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar