Re: [HACKERS] Parallel bitmap heap scan

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel bitmap heap scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> Other the another option is, that we can always make caller to provide
> an allocator. But this way every new user for simple hash need to take
> care of having allocator.
>
> What is your opinion?

Attached is the new version of the patch which implements it the way I
described.

>>This also needs docs, including a warning that just
>> using an allocator in shared memory does *NOT* allow the hash table to be
>> used in shared memory in the general case.
>
> Make sense.
Added the Warning.

I have also fixed some bug in parallel bitmap heap scan
(path.parallel_workers was not initialised before calling
cost_bitmap_heap_scan in some cases, so it was taking the
uninitialized value). Patch attached.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar