Re: [BUG] Failed Assertion in ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [BUG] Failed Assertion in ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 6, 2021 at 4:04 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 3:15 PM Drouvot, Bertrand <bdrouvot@amazon.com> wrote:

> Please find attached a patch proposal to avoid the failed assertion (by ensuring that ReorderBufferChangeMemoryUpdate() being triggered with "addition" set to false in ReorderBufferToastReplace() is done after the elog(ERROR,)).

The error can occur at multiple places (like via palloc or various
other places) between the first time we subtract the change_size and
add it back after the change is re-computed. I think the correct fix
would be that in the beginning we just compute the change_size by
ReorderBufferChangeSize and then after re-computing the change, we
just subtract the old change_size and add the new change_size. What do
you think?

Yeah, that seems more logical to me.

--
Regards,