Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 11:38 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> No, that's a good question, and I'm not sure what the answer is at the
> moment. My understanding was that the infrastructure in the 2PC patch is
> enough even for subtransactions, but I might be wrong. I need to think
> about that for a while.

IIUC, for 2PC it's enough to check whether the main transaction is
aborted or not but for the in-progress transaction it's possible that
the current subtransaction might have done catalog changes and it
might get aborted when we are decoding.  So we need to extend an
infrastructure such that we can check the status of the transaction
for which we are decoding the change.  Also, I think we need to handle
the ERRCODE_TRANSACTION_ROLLBACK and ignore it.

I have attached a small patch to handle this which can be applied on
top of your patch set.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Вложения

От: James Coleman
Сообщение: Re: [DOC] Document concurrent index builds waiting on each other
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of largein-progress transactions