Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 5:05 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 11:31 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 4:55 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > You are right.  I have changed it.
> > >

> > Thanks, I have pushed the second patch in this series which is
> > 0001-WAL-Log-invalidations-at-command-end-with-wal_le in your latest
> > patch.  I will continue working on remaining patches.
> >

> I have reviewed and made a number of changes in the next patch which
> extends the logical decoding output plugin API with stream methods.
> (v41-0001-Extend-the-logical-decoding-output-plugin-API-wi).
>
> 1. I think we need handling of include_xids and include_timestamp but
> not skip_empty_xacts in the new APIs, as of now, none of the options
> were respected.  We need 'include_xids' handling because we need to
> include xid with stream messages and similarly 'include_timestamp' for
> stream commit messages.  OTOH, I think we never use streaming mode for
> empty xacts, so we don't need to bother about skip_empty_xacts in
> streaming APIs.
> 2. Then I made a number of changes in documentation, comments, and
> other cosmetic changes.
>
> Kindly review/test and let me know if you see any problems with the
> above changes.

Your changes look fine to me.  Additionally, I have changed a test
case of getting the streaming changes in 0002.  Instead of just
showing the count, I am showing that the transaction is actually
streaming.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar