Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory
Дата
Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 12:25 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > IMHO, as I stated earlier one way to fix this problem is that we add
> > the spec abort operation (DELETE + XLH_DELETE_IS_SUPER flag) to the
> > queue, maybe with action name
> > "REORDER_BUFFER_CHANGE_INTERNAL_SPEC_ABORT" and as part of processing
> > that just cleans up the toast and specinsert tuple and nothing else.
> > If we think that makes sense then I can work on that patch?
> >

> I think this should solve the problem but let's first try to see if we
> have any other problems. Because, say, if we don't have any other
> problem, then maybe removing Assert might work but I guess we still
> need to process the tuple to find that we don't need to assemble toast
> for it which again seems like overkill.

Yeah, other operation will also fail, basically, if txn->toast_hash is
not NULL then we assume that we need to assemble the tuple using
toast, but if there is next insert in another relation and if that
relation doesn't have a toast table then it will fail with below
error.  And otherwise also, if it is the same relation, then the toast
chunks of previous tuple will be used for constructing this new tuple.
I think we must have to clean the toast before processing the next
tuple so I think we can go with the solution I mentioned above.

static void
ReorderBufferToastReplace
{
 toast_rel = RelationIdGetRelation(relation->rd_rel->reltoastrelid);
  if (!RelationIsValid(toast_rel))
  elog(ERROR, "could not open relation with OID %u",
  relation->rd_rel->reltoastrelid);

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar