Re: GetSnapshotData round two(for me)

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: GetSnapshotData round two(for me)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Daniel Wood <hexexpert@comcast.net> wrote:
> I was about to suggest creating a single shared snapshot instead of having
> multiple backends compute what is essentially the same snapshot.  Luckily,
> before posting, I discovered Avoiding repeated snapshot computation from
> Pavan and POC: Cache data in GetSnapshotData() from Andres.

I think Mithun has also worked on this[1] and posted some analysis
about which cases he has seen improvement and also the cases where it
did not perform well, you might want to have a look.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAD__OujRZEjE5y3vfmmZmSSr3oYGZSHRxwDwF7kyhBHB2BpW_g%40mail.gmail.com

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Daniel Wood
Сообщение: GetSnapshotData round two(for me)
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Strange failure in LWLock on skink in REL9_5_STABLE