Re: BUG #17670: Logical Replication data may be lost on the subscription under certain scenarios

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: BUG #17670: Logical Replication data may be lost on the subscription under certain scenarios
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Oct 30, 2022 at 7:22 PM Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > I am just wondering if it is correct behavior to allow renaming the
> > table used by a subscription, or should there be some dependency?
>
> Maybe we can add a dependency to make the user know what they are doing.
> I also want to know when we should add a dependency?

I haven't thought about it in deep, but I think whenever we add a new
entry to pg_subscription_rel, that time maybe we could add a
dependency on the respective subscription entry IMHO.  But I am just
wondering is there any reason why we are not already having such
dependency?

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar