Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 6:04 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot for testing this. From the error, it seems like some of
> the old buffer w.r.t. the previous tablespace is not dropped after the
> movedb.  Actually, we are calling DropDatabaseBuffers() after copying
> to a new tablespace and dropping all the buffers of this database
> w.r.t the old tablespace.  But seems something is missing, I will
> reproduce this and try to fix it by tomorrow.  I will also fix the
> other review comments raised by you in the previous mail.

Okay, I got the issue, basically we are dropping the database buffers
but not unregistering the existing sync request for database buffers
w.r.t old tablespace. Attached patch fixes that.  I also had to extend
ForgetDatabaseSyncRequests so that we can delete the sync request of
the database for the particular tablespace so added another patch for
the same (0006).

I will test the performance scenario next week, which is suggested by John.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Вложения