Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Postgresql bug report - unexpected behavior of suppress_redundant_updates_trigger

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Postgresql bug report - unexpected behavior of suppress_redundant_updates_trigger
Дата
[HACKERS] Re: Postgresql bug report - unexpected behavior ofsuppress_redundant_updates_trigger  (J Chapman Flack <jflack@math.purdue.edu>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 5:20 PM, Artus de benque
<artusdebenque@gmail.com> wrote:
> postgres=# UPDATE test_table SET field = 'hi' WHERE id = 1;
> UPDATE 0
> test_db=# UPDATE test_table SET field = rpad('', 2001, 'a') WHERE id = 1;
> UPDATE 1
> test_db=# UPDATE test_table SET field = rpad('', 2001, 'a') WHERE id = 1;
> UPDATE 1 <--- BUG: expected 0, as we ran the same update twice

Seems like in "suppress_redundant_updates_trigger"  we are comparing
toasted tuple with the new tuple and that is the cause of the bug.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar