Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 9:17 AM Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are few more review comments:

Thanks for reviewing it.

> 1) It seems that we are not freeing the memory allocated for buf.data in CreateDirAndVersionFile().

Yeah this was a problem in v6 but I have fixed in v7, can you check that.

> + */
> +static void
> +CreateDirAndVersionFile(char *dbpath, Oid dbid, Oid tsid, bool isRedo)
> +{
>
> 2) Do we need to pass dbpath here? I mean why not reconstruct it from dbid and tsid.

Yeah we can do that but I thought computing dbpath has some cost and
since the caller already has it why not to pass it.

> 3) Not sure if this point has already been discussed, Will we be able to recover the data when wal_level is set to
minimalbecause the following condition would be false with this wal level.

> +   use_wal = XLogIsNeeded() &&
> +       (relpersistence == RELPERSISTENCE_PERMANENT || copying_initfork);

Since we are creating new relfilenode this is fine, refer "Skipping
WAL for New RelFileNode" in src/backend/access/transam/README

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Greg Nancarrow
Сообщение: Re: Optionally automatically disable logical replication subscriptions on error
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Disallow quorum uncommitted (with synchronous standbys) txns in logical replication subscribers