Re: Undo logs

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: Undo logs
Дата
Re: Undo logs  (Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 11:26 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

Thomas has already posted the latest version of undo log patches on
'Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs' thread[1].  So I have
rebased the undo-interface patch also.  This patch also includes
latest defect fixes from the main zheap branch [2].

I have also done some changes to the undo-log patches.  Basically, it
is just some cleanup work and also make these patches independently
compilable.  I have moved some of the code into undo-log patches and
also moved out some code which is not relevant to undo-log.

Some examples:
1. Moved UndoLog Startup and Checkpoint related code into
'0001-Add-undo-log-manager_v2.patch patch'
+ /* Recover undo log meta data corresponding to this checkpoint. */
+ StartupUndoLogs(ControlFile->checkPointCopy.redo);
+
2. Removed undo-worker related stuff out of this patch
+ case WAIT_EVENT_UNDO_DISCARD_WORKER_MAIN:
+ event_name = "UndoDiscardWorkerMain";
+ break;
+ case WAIT_EVENT_UNDO_LAUNCHER_MAIN:
+ event_name = "UndoLauncherMain";
+ break;

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAEepm=0ULqYgM2aFeOnrx6YrtBg3xUdxALoyCG+XpssKqmezug@mail.gmail.com
[2] https://github.com/EnterpriseDB/zheap/

Patch applying order:
0001-Add-undo-log-manager.patch
0002-Provide-access-to-undo-log-data-via-the-buffer-manag.patch
0003-undo-interface-v3.patch
0004-Add-tests-for-the-undo-log-manager.patch from Cleaning up
orphaned files using undo logs' thread[1]
0004-undo-interface-test-v3.patch

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar