Re: pgsql: Document XLOG_INCLUDE_XID a little better

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: pgsql: Document XLOG_INCLUDE_XID a little better
Дата
Re: pgsql: Document XLOG_INCLUDE_XID a little better  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: pgsql: Document XLOG_INCLUDE_XID a little better  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 6:24 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2021-Oct-01, Amit Kapila wrote:

> I think a straight standalone variable (probably a static boolean in
> xloginsert.c) might be less confusing.

I have written two patches, Approach1 is as you described using a
static boolean and Approach2 as a local variable to XLogAssembleRecord
as described by Amit, attached both of them for your reference.
IMHO, either of these approaches looks cleaner.

> ... so, reading the xact.c code again, TransactionState->assigned really
> means "whether the subXID-to-topXID association has been wal-logged",
> which is a completely different meaning from what the term 'assigned'
> means in all other comments in xact.c ... and I think the subroutine
> name MarkSubTransactionAssigned() is not a great choice either.

I have also renamed the variable and functions as per the actual usage.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pgcrypto support for bcrypt $2b$ hashes
Сообщение: Re: pgcrypto support for bcrypt $2b$ hashes