Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: BUG #15324: Non-deterministic behaviour from parallelised sub-query
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 6:18 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 5:30 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I have rebased the HEAD patch and done some cosmetic changes like
>> > improved the test by giving aliases to table names and modified the
>> > comment a bit, otherwise, the core logic remains the same.  As the
>> > back-branch patches are just the matter of rebasing them, I will do
>> > that before commit.
>> >
>> > I am still waiting for input, but if there is none, my plan is to
>> > commit this in a day or two and back-patch it as well.  Along with
>> > this, I would also like to back-patch commit
>> > 655393a022bd653e2b48dbf20b69236981e35195 for the reasons mentioned
>> > above.
>>
>> I have reviewed and tested the patch.  The patch looks fine to me and
>> behaviour is as expected.
>>

> Do you agree with my proposal to backpatch commit - 655393a022 to 9.6?

Although it was not giving any wrong output. However, this was a bug,
due to which, it may not select the best parallel plan or completely
miss some of the parallel paths so I will vote for backpatching it.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar