Re: abort-time portal cleanup

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: abort-time portal cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 2:13 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

/*
* Otherwise, do nothing to cursors held over from a previous
* transaction.
*/
if (portal->createSubid == InvalidSubTransactionId)
continue;

/*
* Do nothing to auto-held cursors.  This is similar to the case of a
* cursor from a previous transaction, but it could also be that the
* cursor was auto-held in this transaction, so it wants to live on.
*/
if (portal->autoHeld)
continue;

I have one doubt that why do we need the second check. Because before
setting portal->autoHeld to true we always call HoldPortal therein we
set portal->createSubid to InvalidSubTransactionId.  So it seems to me
that the second condition will never reach.  Am I missing something?

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar