Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming(including JIT)

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [HACKERS] WIP: Faster Expression Processing and Tuple Deforming(including JIT)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> 0009  WIP: Add minimal keytest implementation.
>
> More or less experimental patch that tries to implement simple
> expression of the OpExpr(ScalarVar, Const) into a single expression
> evaluation step.  The benefits probably aren't big enough iff we do end
> up doing JITing of expressions.

Seems like we are try to achieve same thing with 'heap scan key push
down patch'[1] as well. But I think with this patch you are covering
OpExpr(ScalarVar, Const) for all the cases, wherein with [1] we are
currently only doing it for seqscan and we are trying to make that
generic for other node as well.

So do you see any advantage of continuing [1] ?  Is there something
extra we can achieve with [1] what we can not get with this patch ?

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-takT6Z4s3tGDwyC9bhYf%2B1gumpvW5bo_fpeNUy%2BrL-kg%40mail.gmail.com

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar