Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 12:42 PM Ashutosh Sharma <ashu.coek88@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The issue here is that we are trying to create a table that exists inside a non-default tablespace when doing ALTER
DATABASE.I think this should be skipped otherwise we will come across the error like shown below:

> ashu@postgres=# alter database test set tablespace pg_default;
> ERROR:  58P02: could not create file "pg_tblspc/16385/PG_15_202111301/16386/16390": File exists
>
> I have taken the above from Neha's test-case.
>
> --
>
> Attached patch fixes this. I am passing a new boolean flag named *movedb* to CopyDatabase() so that it could skip the
creationof tables existing in non-default tablespace when doing alter database. Alternatively, we can also rename the
booleanflag movedb to createdb and pass its value accordingly from movedb() or createdb(). Either way looks fine to me.
Kindlycheck the attached patch for the changes.

> Dilip, Could you please check the attached patch and let me know if it looks fine or not?
>
> Neha, can you please re-run the test-cases with the attached patch.

Thanks Ahustosh,  yeah I have observed the same, earlier we were
directly copying the whole directory so this was not an issue, now if
some tables of the database are already in the destination tablespace
then we should skip them while copying.  I will review your patch and
merge into the main patch.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Amul Sul
Сообщение: Re: Multi-Column List Partitioning
От: Maciek Sakrejda
Сообщение: Re: should we document an example to set multiple libraries in shared_preload_libraries?