Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Patch for RM1911 Direct file navigation[pgAdmin4] [Feature]

От Harshal Dhumal
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Patch for RM1911 Direct file navigation[pgAdmin4] [Feature]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Please find updated patch below for direct file navigation.
I have covered all of above mentioned case.

--
Harshal Dhumal
Software Engineer

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 10:25 AM, Harshal Dhumal
<harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Please find updated attached patch for RM1911 (V2)
>
> --
> Harshal Dhumal
> Software Engineer
>
> EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 7:48 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 5:57 PM, Harshal Dhumal
>> <harshal.dhumal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > PFA for RM1911
>> >
>> > Feature added: Allow user add file/folder path directly in input field.
>> > Other improvements like clean up after file manager is closed.
>>
>> I did a quick check on Mac, in server mode and immediately hit problems:
>>
>> - [Screenshot 1]: I typed in "/Foo2" to navigate into the Foo2
>> directory. a) it didn't navigate as expected, and b) it gave me a very
>> non-user friendly error message.
>>
> Fixed.
>>
>> - [Screenshot 2]: I typed in "foo2.sql". It added the leading /
>> automatically, then gave the error dpagefoo2.sql does not exist.
>>
> Fixed.
>>
>> Then on Windows in desktop mode:
>>
>> - [Screenshot 3]: I typed in "C:\Users\dpage" (which does exist) and
>> got the error shown.
>>
> Fixed.
>>
>> - [Screenshot 4]: I typed in "\\172.16.253.235\data" (which does
>> exist) and got the error shown.
>
> Fixed.

- If I type in a path and hit return, it's properly opened. If I hit
the Refresh button, it reloads a different location - in my case, for
/Users/dpage it alwoys goes back to /Users. Oddly, it doesn't do that
in /usr/bin.

- The issue above is also seen with /Test_Folder (when running in
server mode). It refreshes back to /

- If I navigate to /abc/123/, then upload a file called emails.txt, it
gets saved as /abc/123emails.txt.

- On Windows (in server mode), if I try to navigate to
\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\dpage (which exists and is accessible
from the machine/user), it changes the name to "/\\vmware-host\Shared
Folders\dpage" and gives an error that "dpage" doesn't exist.

- After many of these errors, the OK button is enabled, and clicking
it gives an error: "Invalid mode ('rb') or filename"

- On Windows (in desktop mode), I'm stuck in the root of the C drive.
I cannot click the Up directory button to see the available drives.

- On Windows (in desktop mode), if I type "C:\" into the location bar,
it navigates to the folder, but changes the path to "C:\/"

- On windows (in desktop mode), if I type "\\172.16.253.235\data" into
the location bar, I get "'' file does not exist"

Please test thoroughly on Windows and *nix, in both server and desktop
mode before resubmitting.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page