Manipulating jsonb

От Andreas Heiduk
Тема Manipulating jsonb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm playing with a 9.4 preview and the upcoming jsonb datatype. But
I'm missing the basic modification syntax.

Given the following situation:

    CREATE TABLE test(key int, jsonval jsonb);
    INSERT INTO test VALUES(1, '{"a": 1, "c": 3}');

How can I UPDATE that row with '{"b": 2, "d": 4}' ? Something like
this does not work:

    UPDATE test SET jsonval = jsonval || '{"a": 1, "c": 3}'::jsonb
where key = 1;

The result should be

The same goes for removing values.

Did I overlook something obvious or is there really no way to do that right now?

Best regards,
Andreas Heiduk