Re: Allow custom parameters with more than one dot in config files.

От Alexander Kukushkin
Тема Re: Allow custom parameters with more than one dot in config files.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 19 Dec 2023 at 16:13, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

I wonder if we wouldn't be better advised to require exactly one dot.
This isn't a feature that we really encourage users to use, and the
further we move the goalposts for it, the harder it will be to replace
it.  In particular I doubt the long-stalled session-variables patch
could support such names, since it needs the names to conform to
normal SQL rules.

If I understand correctly, session variables don't even intersect with custom parameters.
Also, they seems to work fine with FQDN:
postgres=# create database testdb;
CREATE DATABASE
postgres=# \c testdb
You are now connected to database "testdb" as user "akukushkin".
testdb=# create schema testschema;
CREATE SCHEMA
testdb=# create variable testdb.testschema.testvar int;
CREATE VARIABLE
testdb=# let testdb.testschema.testvar = 1;
LET
testdb=# select testdb.testschema.testvar;
 testvar
---------
       1
(1 row)