Re: How to view the activity of postgresql

От Wei Shan
Тема Re: How to view the activity of postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
you can try pgbadger.

https://github.com/dalibo/pgbadger

On 28 April 2016 at 14:13, <richard@xentu.com> wrote:
I want to see what statements are being executed on a remote postgresql server, ideally in a scrolling display in some gui tool. In MSSQL, there is a profiler application that gives this.

The best I've found so far is to set postgresql to log to a csv file & then use pg_read_file to periodically read the log file & display it to the user.

I've written a little tool that does that:
http://www.xentu.com/pgprofiler/

However, it seems a very akward way to achieve what I'm looking for and will probably slow the server with all the file reading & writing involved.

Is there a more efficient way of doing this?