Conflict Management in Postgres hot standby

От Wei Shan
Тема Conflict Management in Postgres hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Hi all.

I come from an Oracle background. I understand that if we are running a long running query on the standby and the table is dropped on master, the XLOG replay will be delayed.

I would like to understand why is this not happening in Oracle Active Dataguard setup. I'm guessing because of the 'C' in ACID, that conflicting query on master is being kept in the UNDO log of the slave until the long running query is over.

I will probably run this test on my laptop this week when I get the chance. But does anyone know the reason?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.