Re: [SQL] How to duplicate postgres 9.4 database

От srilinux
Тема Re: [SQL] How to duplicate postgres 9.4 database
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thank you very much

I will try it , how much time will it take for 35gb database ? is this method suggest able for a 35gb database ?

Thank you
Sri

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Igor Neyman [via PostgreSQL] <[hidden email]> wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of srilinux
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 3:29 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [SQL] How to duplicate postgres 9.4 database

Hi All

I want to duplicate the existing database , after reading documentation I used below command which just created database, but did not create data

 CREATE DATABASE standby TEMPLATE template0;

my database is 35gb so dump and psql will take longer hours

is there an fastest way to copy database on same server , so that I can just modify pointing to the database and connect to the stanby one to do any testing ?

As a TEMPLATE you should use the db that you want to copy, let's call it "source_db":

CREATE DATABASE standby TEMPLATE source_db;

Be aware, that when this statement runs there should be no user connections to source_db.

Regards,
Igor Neyman