Re: LISTEN / NOTIFY

От Erik Brandsberg
Тема Re: LISTEN / NOTIFY
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
As others have said, a queue system and message system are not exactly the same.   Can you explain your goal, as the listen/notify may not be appropriate for your use.  If what you want is really just a message system, then the example we based our code on is at https://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/81/listennotify.html.

Keep in mind, if you connect (or reconnect) to the listen interface, you won't get any messages sent before it, so it isn't exactly what you want if you need a persistent queue, say for a job queue.  We use it for invalidating cache content.